Under this program, MCPHD supports the development of community and organization-based initiatives on the accessibility, affordability, and availability of healthy foods. Our registered dietitians engage in a number of different activities to achieve this, including:
- Coordinate and execute assessments of the nutrition environment in communities and organizations.
- Design and develop educational signage/print material regarding healthy eating choices as necessary and requested.
- Provide technical assistance toward the development of policies, guidelines, and programs ensuring the provision of healthy foods in different venues.
- Encourage and promote inclusion of nutrition education in a variety of community settings and program sites.
- Collaborate with other organizations, coalitions, groups, and individuals to further this effort across Marion County.