Q: My child needs a sport physical. Where could I take my child to get one?

A: If your child needs a sport physical, please call the Action Health Center at 317.221.3400 for an appointment and more information.

Q: How can I find out about immunizations for my child?

A: To find out more information about immunizations for your child, please call 317.221.2122.

Q: Where can I go to get my flu shot and how much does it cost?

A: For location and prices for shots, please call the flu hotline at 317.221.2121.

Q: How can I report food safety violations?

A: To report a food safety violation, please call Food Safety at 317.221.2222.

Q: Who do I call if I want to sell hot dogs, snacks and drinks at any event?

A: If you want to sell food and drinks at an event, please call Food Safety at 317.221.2222.

Q: My neighbor has trash and high weeds around his house. Who can I talk to regarding this matter?

A: To report your neighbor for trash and high weeds, please call the Housing Department at 317.221.2150.

Q: I have paid my rent for this month and the utilities are included in my rent. I have no heat in my apartment and I have already tried to talk to my landlord. Who do I talk to now?

A: If you are experiencing this problem, please call the Housing Department at 317.221.2150.

Q: My neighborhood is infested with mosquitos. Who do I call to help with this problem?

A: To report a problem with mosquitos in your neighborhood, please call Mosquito Control at 317.221.7440.

Q: Who do I call for problems with mold in my home?

A: For a problem with mold in your home, please call Housing and Neighbor Health at 317.221.2150.

Q: When is environmental court?

A: Environmental Court is Tuesday-Thursday, 902 Virginia Ave., 317.327.1010. For additional information, please call 317.221.2150.

Q: Who do I call to report a dog bite?

A: To report a dog bite, please call Infectious Disease at 317.221.2117.

Q: What is the cost for obtaining a certificate (birth, death, paternity affidavit)?

A: Birth certificates are $15.00 without plastic cover and $17.00 with plastic cover.
B. Death Certificates are $20.00.
C. Paternity Affidavit is $35.00 with scheduled appointment.

Q: Where can I go to get a Marion County birth certificate and what are the hours for service?

A: You can obtain a Marion County birth certificate at 3838 N. Rural Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46205. The hours: Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday are 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Wednesday- 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. For additional information, please call 317.221.2406 or 221-2405.

Q: I need to get my birth certificate, but I was not born in Indiana. What do I do?

A: If you need your birth certificate and were born in any state outside of Indiana, please contact the Vital Records office of that jurisdiction (state or local vital records office).

Q: I have no insurance for my family and I have two children. How can I get insurance?

A: To get insurance for your family please call Covering Kids and Families at 317.221.2041.

Q: How can I dispose toxic waste correctly? Who should I call?

A: To dispose toxic waste, please call our Water Quality/Hazardous Materials Management Department at 317.221.2270.

Q: My child was sent home from school for head lice, what should I do?

A: To find information about how to get rid of head lice, please call the Community-Base Care Department at 317.221.2367.

Q: Who do I call for problems with pests (rats, mice, dead birds, etc.)?

A: Please call the following numbers if you are experiencing problems with pests:
Mosquito Control 317.221.7440 or Rodent Control 317.221.7588.

Q: I am having a problem with bed bugs and how to treat them. Who do I call?

A. Please call Lawrence Lobdell at 317.221.7454.

Q: When and where can my children get tested for lead?

A: Lead testing is conducted every Thursday, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm at 3901 Meadows Drive, 1st floor clinic. For additional information, please call 317.221.2155.